Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dwelling

Hey! Fort progress is coming along nicely. I've been thinking about forts quite a bit lately (whether that's a good thing or not, im not sure heh :) ) But today I was thinking about the fort as our dwelling. We live and dwell in this apartment (and the fort). I love that the fort (when fully constructed) will be a place of comfort, peace, fun, loud times and quiet times, and just a place where we can come and kinda get away from the world. That got me thinking, today in church Pastor was talking about our relationship with God in high def. and how He's always with us and in us... God makes His dwelling in us. Our lives should be a life of peace, fun, joy, loud and quiet times, love, etc. A place where God can be comfortable. And what's also cool is He is our dwelling place.

"If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent."
-Psalm 91:9-10

If we make God our dwelling, no disaster will come near us! God is soo cool.. and nothing beats Him as our dwelling, not even our fort.
Well Happy Sunday!
-Jen

2 comments:

  1. Some related verses from Psalm 84:

    1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
    O LORD of hosts!
    2 My soul longs, yes, faints
    for the courts of the LORD;
    my heart and flesh sing for joy
    to the living God.

    4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
    ever singing your praise!

    10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand [anywhere else]; I would rather be a doorkeeper and stand at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell [at ease] in the tents of wickedness.

    I have found that in God is the best place for anyone to be. Much more comforting and enthralling than a fort (great as they may be).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete